Air fryer steak can easily be one of the best recipes you should try in your air fryer. You can expect a crispy crust while keeping the inside juicy and tender. No preheating is required, and I am pairing it with a homemade balsamic glaze. The sweet and tangy flavor complements well with the savory taste of the steak. It’s a quick and easy recipe that leaves you with no grease or mess in the kitchen.
Steak in the Air Fryer
I was never a big fan of cooking steak at home because the kitchen always ends up greasy. But with the air fryer, you can now make foolproof perfect medium-rare steak in no time. It’s easy, and no skill is needed. You no longer need to worry about it being under or overcooked. You can expect a crispy crust seared outside and tender, juicy meat inside.
Along with the steak, I also added cherry tomatoes and garlic to the air fryer. It gives a nice aroma to the overall dish, and it saves a significant amount of time to cook the side dishes.
Tips for a Perfect Steak in the Air Fryer
- Steak Type: I used Angus beef striploin steak in this recipe, but other cuts, such as sirloin steak is a great alternative.
- Thickness: 1-inch thick steaks work the best. Thinner steaks can get overcooked easily without a chance of getting that beautiful crust
- Seasonings: I used plainly salt and pepper, but you can use any seasonings and spices to your desire and liking.
- Better Browning: Adding a drizzle of oil and slices of butter helps steaks to brown better. This works with vegetables and other meat as well.
- Rest: Remove the steak and let it rest for 5-10 minutes on a cooling rack to prevent to continue cooking in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Steak
- 1 angus beef striploin steak 1 inch thick
- Salt & pepper
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1 slice butter
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes optional
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cut the garlic in half horizontally. Wrap with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Line the basket with foil. Add steak, garlic, and cherry tomatoes. Add butter and drizzle with olive oil.
- Click “steak” function. Cook for 6 minutes. Flip it, then click “steak” function again. Or cook at 450F for 6 minutes.
- In a saucepan, boil balsamic vinegar and honey over medium heat. Once it starts bubbling, simmer at medium-low until thickens. Stir constantly.
- Rest the steak for 5-10 minutes before cutting it. Plate them nicely and enjoy.